Thank you for your consideration in partnering with Habitat for Humanity of Citrus County for new home construction. Habitat for Humanity of Citrus County is a nonprofit organization created to provide affordable housing for assett challenged, working families.
2018 RFP cycle - 7/9/18 thru 8/22/18
If you are interested in submitting a proposal after the bid cycle to provide services for our future construction projects, please contact CD Perez at (352) 601-6582
Depending on the size and needs of each homeowner family, Habitat for Humanity of Citrus County builds new single-family residences that follow either a three-bedroom/two-bathroom, four-bedroom/two-bathroom design prototype that makes efficient use of living space and functions well for the whole family.
Habitat for Humanity of Citrus County welcomes bids from small contractors, and businesses owned by minorities and women in the area.
Habitat homes around the world are built according to the same guiding principles:
Habitat houses are modestly sized. They are large enough for the homeowner family’s needs, but small enough to keep construction and maintenance costs to a minimum.
Habitat for Humanity uses quality, locally available building materials. Habitat house designs reflect the local climate and culture.
The labor of volunteers and partner families, efficient building methods, modest house sizes and no-profit loans make it affordable for low-income families to purchase Habitat houses.
Habitat also strives to build sustainable, energy-efficient housing that is both environmentally friendly and more cost-effective for low-income homeowners to maintain.
To qualify, you must provide:
- A copy of CONTRACTOR’s State of Florida business license
- A copy of CONTRACTOR’S proof of Liability Insurance to cover the scope of work. Habitat for Humanity Citrus County should be listed as the “certificate holder”
- A copy of CONTRACTOR’S proof of Workers Compensation Insurance, or exemption certificate, to cover the scope of work
- CONTRACTOR’S availability to schedule and complete work in a timely manner
- CONTRACTOR’S completeness and responsiveness to the Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Complete the RFP Submission Form: RFP Submission Form
Please review the current Models and Requests for Proposals by clicking the links below.